Varieties of hosting services
A hosting solution appertains to storing and/or sharing certain content on a web hosting server hosted by a web hosting supplier. There are different sorts of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's take a look at these. Thus, you can elect what you need, on the basis of whether you desire to run a site, mail addresses, or to share files with buddies and partners.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by certain vendors, which permits you to share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting packages are often supported by displaying advertisements beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a certain period of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file storage package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly inappropriate explanation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would allot the workload between separate sets of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous web hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a type of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; some corporations provide a hosting service for images only. This hosting variant is suitable if you desire to share a big amount of images with friends or colleagues since the solution is commonly free. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to taking care of your emails. Some distributors offer website hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an e-mail hosting service. If you would like to manage an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can create e-mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this method in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video generates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a few video clips and a few hundred website viewers, you may have a problem with your hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will enable you to manage as many video files as you wish without hassling about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to own a website. To some extent, it embodies all of the abovementioned hosting varieties since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and mailbox accounts, upload videos, etc. At Neon Tumbleweed Web Hosting - Domain Registration, for instance, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that permit you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in a single place. There may be limitations based on the type of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting package may be better or worse compared to the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are planned for specific content only.